I can’t believe October is almost here and that the holidays are practically upon us. Just yesterday I received the UrbanDaddy newsletter and nearly had an aneurism when I saw that pumpkin season has started and that the Shore Club is making a pumpkin and ginger margarita. If that’s not a holiday drink, I don’t know what is!
I must have one.
But where was I? Oh yes! the holidays are coming up and after taking a quick look at my calendar, I just realized that I need to get started on my Holiday cards so I don’t end up like those people who cry every single year about not having time to send them. (I really hate those people.) In any case, I’m very excited that this year we will join forces with Wynwood Letterpress to create the perfect cards for us. I can’t wait to get started!
I love the holidays. I get so excited!
Anyway, I feel like I’ve just skipped over a bunch of pretty cool happenings around town while obsessing over something still months away…
I’ve been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to meet Mrs. Clinton a few times and she is someone amazing to be around. In fact, I find her to be so amazing that I will probably be there tomorrow even though I bought the Kindle version of the book 🙂
Shortly thereafter, I will take up Blackbird Ordinary on their invitation to go sample their new cocktail menu from 7pm-10pm. A donation of at least $20 to Philanthrofest gets you a three hour open bar.
I don’t know if they’ll have pumpkin ginger drinks, but I do know that Philanthrofest is a nonprofit that’s really close to my heart so even if you can’t join in the fun, I hope you’ll make a donation and help them help others.
Oh and don’t forget that night Pubbelly goes vegan!
There is a 9:30pm seating so realistically, you can get your copy of Hard Choices signed, have some drinks, support our favorite nonprofit, and have an amazing vegan meal all in one day.
On that note, I’m off to get started on my redecorating project. Hopefully I can channel Martha Stewart as I focus my energy on making my home worthy of Architecture and Design.
In the meantime, here is a recipe I found for a Pumpkin Spice Margarita!
Until next time,
Pumpkin Spice Margarita
FOR PUMPKIN SIMPLE SYRUP
1 can organic pumpkin puree
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/4 cup organic sugar
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups of water
1 1/2 oz organic tequila
1/2 oz Cointreau
1 organic lime
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt
A pinch of nutmeg
- Make a pumpkin simple syrup by combining pumpkin puree with brown sugar, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly for 20 to 30 minutes, until cinnamon flavor is present and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and cool. The Simple syrup should have the consistency of a thin smoothie.
- Pass the thick syrup through a fine mesh sieve (or a strainer), using the back of a spoon and discard the pumpkin pulp.
- Prep margarita glasses by combining sugar, allspice, and salt and pouring the mixture onto a small plate. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of each margarita glass, and then dip the glass rim into spiced sugar.
- For each margarita, combine the juice of half a lime, tequila, Cointreau, and 2 oz pumpkin simple syrup. Shake well and serve on the rocks.